This is a £1 million initiative funded by Comic Relief and the Treasury to support projects in the UK. Applications are welcome for a minimum of £30,000 and a maximum of £250,000, over a period of between 12 and 36 months.
Comic Relief are encouraging a variety of different types of projects. This could be a pilot for an innovative piece of work or the continued development of a proven piece of work. Funding is available for project delivery, research, or for a campaign.
All proposals must use sport as a tool for change in their approach.
Proposals must work towards the overall outcome of inspiring women and girls to reach their full potential. In addition, proposals must work towards a minimum of one of the following outcomes:
- Reduce gender stereotypes that have a negative impact on women and girls – the use of realistic role models may be appropriate
- Increase social inclusion of women and girls – please note that proposals must focus on more than just bringing women and girls together
- Increase opportunities for women and girls to access education, employment and training – these may, or may not be within the sport industry
- Improve the leadership skills of women and girls – equipping women and girls with the skills to become leaders, in the setting appropriate to them
- Tackling violence against women and girls – enabling women and girls to live free from harm, and with access to crucial support
Proposals must be targeted, and do not need to address all of the above outcomes.
Comic Relief will only accept applications from organisations working in partnership. The partnership must include a track record of working with women and girls, and using sport as a tool for change. There must be one lead organisation which must have at least one partner, however we expect both/all partners to play a role in project delivery. We will require the lead organisation to upload a partnership agreement for each partner as part of the application process. More detail is provided in the guidance notes with the application form.
There is no minimum / maximum turnover for applicant organisations.